The blessing isn't until Sunday, but I had to post these pics of Emily's blessing gown. It's gorgeous! Mom picked the pattern and I helped her pick fabrics & laces. Then I smocked & sewed the bonnet while mom did the amazing dress. It is so beautiful! I can't wait to see Emily in it.

The full view: dupioni silk!

Bonnet & gown

Sleeve detail...I love the sweet little lace on the edges.

Sorry it's sideways, but here's a detail shot of the collar & dress smocking.

Lace beading with five rows of corded pintucks on each side.

My favorite part! The scalloped hem with the same lace from the sleeve. The larger lace is sewn to the lining and peeks out from below.

And here's my bonnet! Smocking it was pretty fast and the rest took about four hours. I really love the pleats and can't wait to see everything on the baby!
HOLY COW girl. Now that is talent. I am very impressed with your ability. I didn't know you knew how to sew. Very awesome. And your mom did an amazing job too. Miss seeing your enthusiasm at church.
ReplyDeleteOkay that is the prettiest blessing dress I have EVER seen! It looks like it was bought in a special boutique for hundreds of dollars. It is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow! That really is gorgeous! I'm so jealous of the smocking...now I might have to start smocking things! Darn it, one more thing I have to do. Really, though...WOW!
ReplyDeleteMelanie! THAT is absolutely gorgeous! Your family is so talented. Sometimes I am so amazed at the happenings at the Welsh household. I can't wait to see Emily in that dress today! We will miss you when you leave to go home. When is your next visit? It has been a joy having you here with your mom!
ReplyDeleteIt is gorgeous!!! Now you'd better post pictures of the baby wearing it!
ReplyDeleteAmazing...no wonder you can get Regan to do things with the sewing machine that I never could!
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome to get the Hobbs update while I'm here in the Pen.
:)Fiona