On Saturday, we went to see the sequoias at Kings Canyon National Park about an hour away. One of the trees there is called the "General Grant", the national Christmas tree. There was a short hike to the tree, and we saw some cool stuff. One of the sequoias had fallen and was hollow enough to walk through. Blake especially loved that. After the hike, we went to a picnic area to eat. Unfortunately, we were chased away by some sandwich-loving wasps.
Later that night we ate some Chinese food and watched a little Olympics. Mel and Grandma and I stayed up late and watched the US Men's Basketball team defeat Spain. It was nice to see Deron Williams hit a big shot at the end. Hopefully, he does the same for the Jazz next season.
I LOVE the picture of Blake climbing on the tree, soo cute!
ReplyDeleteAs for me not letting you know about the blog- it's not my fault. It's brand new, and when I made it, I didn't acutally intend on keeping up with it. But I think I have got myself addicted and now I'm going to have to. wish me luck ;)
It looks like you guys are having so much fun in California. Love the postings.
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! Those trees are Huge! I loved looking at the pictures of your trip. We missed you guys, but it looks like you had tons of fun!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
P.S. Happy first day of school tomorrow! Good luck!