The first full week of summer is going great! I'm letting go more and more each day and the kids are having tons of fun. I've let them play outside in the front by themselves two days in a row now! It hasn't been too hot and the boys love it. The neighborhood kids have been very friendly. Yesterday they started playing 'hot potato' on our sidewalk. I was bummed to see that Grant was so standoff-ish. He wouldn't come play, but stood next door and watch (see if you can find him in the picture). I'm hoping that he'll get more comfortable with the kids as the summer goes on. Blake jumps right in, but is behind the kids by a bit. He is loosening up though and likes to follow Grant around. There aren't really any boys their age in the neighborhood, but the girls are really nice. We also went to playgroup today. It happened to be at Grant's school. Once he realized he was just going to play, he cheered up and they all had a great time!

One drawback to playing outside is the whole "kids' summer meets the ghetto" aspect. Check out what Blake brought into the house after finding it outside:

Oh yeah, that's an empty beer can. Nice. On another note, I was able to get this post up super-fast thanks to our new Fiber Optics! We hooked up to Verizon Fios Tv/internet/phone yesterday and it's super-fast!
Every post deserves a comment.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that kids are playing outside more. That can only lead to less toy mess inside.
Look like the kiddos are having a ton of fun! Could do without the beer can though..ugg, but it looks like they are making lots of friends :)
ReplyDeleteSo its your fault our Fios appointment was so far out. You suck we are not getting anything until at least Tuesday. Just kidding. I am happy for you guys.
ReplyDelete