6.08.2008

What were we thinking?

These are the "we're still on an endorphin high poses."





Yesterday was the hottest, most miserable run ever.

Things we learned:
If it's only 75 degrees but 94% humidity you are still going to be sorry you went for a run.
The temperature could go up by 15 degrees in the hour and a half it takes you to run five miles and deal with three whiny, hot kids.
Never run after 9am when there's a heat advisory.
Running is the worse thing ever.
Get up earlier next time.
Finishing five miles when you want to die is really hard.
Bring more water.
Using a head band to keep my hair out of my face just exposes my giant forehead and invites sunburn.
Wear sunscreen.
Bring more pretzels than your children will ever eat so they won't fight over them.
Kids aren't the only ones that get grumpy in that kind of heat.
Worst. Run. Ever.
We are totally awesome for finishing and hope the half-marathon will be cooler.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm SO not into running. Especially in the heat. And five miles at once. I think I once ran five miles.. over about a year's time.

    ps: I love how awesome you look in your picture, Melanie. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture must have been taken before your run. You look to cool to be after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:27 PM

    Your awesome! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funniest.Post.Ever! Never in a million years would I do that...even if I wasn't a cripple!

    ReplyDelete