4.17.2007

FHE Update 4/16

I didn't have pics to go along with FHE, so here's a few from the camera. Blake and Hayden both fell asleep at Wal-mart last week. And Blake modeling Trav's cool sunglasses at Costco.






I believe I was a bit misleading about the state of FHE at our house in my earlier posting. Due to a few successful FHE's, I jumped the gun and bragged about our success. Let me describe last night's FHE to paint a more accurate picture of the roller-coaster ride that is FHE at the Hobbs:

We sit at the table since this worked so well for us and as soon as we mention FHE, Grant runs screaming from the room. Blake won't sit still in his chair and they fight over who gets to do what. They cry through "Choose the Right Way", our opening song, so we let Blake choose a new song since he's the song helper. We struggle through "Popcorn popping" as Grant joins in on the last few bars. Then the screaming resumes as we do the scripture. Grant, the scripture helper wants to put it on the fridge while Blake wants a turn to read it. They fight and we drag them back to the table to have the "lesson". Afore-mentioned lesson is presented by Mom who shortens it to "when we choose the right, it makes Heavenly Father happy." Grant whines, Blake screams because he wants to run around. Dad and Mom cringe and hurry up.

We start to assemble the CTR puzzle that someone has so craftily laminated, colored, and cut out for us. I encourage the kids to pick the right choice in certain situations as they fight over puzzle pieces. Grant doesn't want to share, Blake wants to help, but keeps messing the puzzle up. Oh and did I mention the part where I tried to show the letters on a CTR ring? yeah, the fought about that too. I had to hide the ring. Could be why Blake's crying now. I finally give up on any sort of a lesson and just mumble to Travis "let's just get the stinkin' puzzle done fast so we can finish". We hurriedly assemble the last peices to reveal a boy smiling and the caption "Choose the right and be happy!" I tie up the lesson as follows "neither of you chose the right, so everybody is sad. It's bedtime". Travis carries Blake screeching from the table and Grant hurls himself across the room and up the stairs. The End.

Better luck next time I guess.

4 comments:

  1. The pictures are awfully cute, but sounds like FJE sucked bigtime! I remember having to put Sunday dresses on with my Dad thinking that would actually help out. Well, he sort of threw the manual down and stormed out of the room swearing never to do it again. It's a memory my mom still cringes over! hahaha We did have it again eventually. I think we even had a knarly board covered with burlap and flowers for our job chart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pictures. Too bad your FHE sucked so much. Haha. Punks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great write up Mel. i think it could be published in the ensign. they need some realistic articles about FHE. it's all pay back for Travis though because during our FHE's he would pinch Jenni and tell her that she couldn't play with his star wars figures, she would cry,and finally scream; Brian would crawl all over the cupboards looking for the treat, and then scream that he didn't get the biggest piece; all this while the baby Angie, was throwing a crying fit. this scenario sounds all too familiar for me--- and the bad part........it gets worse when they get older.

    the good part is that if you do it you will be blessed and I applaud you for your efforts, and laugh at you for your great story.

    i really liked the picture of Blake in the sunglasses.

    Today I'm headed to Idaho Falls for a photoshop useres conference. Should be fun.

    later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muh-hahahaha!!! Yep.

    ReplyDelete