


Baby Hayden has taken a couple steps forward. A lot of the fluid in his lungs is now gone. His CPAP is also now making working at 26% capacity rather than the 40% he was on yesterday, so his lungs are starting to clear a bit and he's starting to breathe easier.
The doctors were concerned that there was still some fluid in his lungs in this mornings Xray though, and they think that he has an infection similar to pneumonia. He is on antibiotics and the doctors are going to keep him on the CPAP until the infection goes away. It also looks like he is a bit jaundiced so they have him under the lights (as shown in the pictures).
The doctors are going to keep him like this all night so that he can get rest. Tomorrow, they might try to ween him off the oxygen a bit more. We'll keep you posted.
Cute little Hayden. I hope all goes well with him. We'll keep praying for him though. Good luck tomarrow guys.
ReplyDeleteEven though the pics are pretty much the same, we sure like seeing them! I can't hardly wait until they wean the CPAP off of him! Hopefully he will have a good night and they can do it in the morning.
ReplyDeleteUpdate on my free ticket to see Hayden: It only cost me 50 dollars to change the ticket dates. I will be there on the 5th and stay until the 30th. Dad, Erica and Peter will come early the morning of the 25th and go home on the 30th also. We will all be there for Hayden's blessing on the 28th! He will surely be big and strong by then! I can hardly wait to see him!!!
ReplyDeleteps. He has really long fingers! Maybe he is going to be tall! Are his feet big? How much does he weigh now?
ReplyDeleteHe has big long feet too. He reminds me of Grant that way. I'm not sure of his weight today, he's lost some like all newborns. Also, his length is 20 inches. I just visited him and he is resting very well right now. He's a sleepy little guy.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys, he is a beautiful baby!!!! We just celebrated Jordan's 17th birthday last night. He was due on January 6th and my water broke. We were shocked to have him there for Christmas. How exciting for you guys!
ReplyDeletewhat a cute guy even with all the tubes and lines. I'm so glad that Laura Lee was able to change her flight plans and that Melanie's family can be there to help and and that they can be there for the blessing. I'm sorry that we can't come. Is he going to be blessed at home. I would think fast sunday would be on the 1st sunday in February?
ReplyDeleteTake care
Melanie said they would let us do it in church on a regular Sunday as a "special circumstance." We are glad they have such a good ward. I think we will just take him to church, bless him, and then come home so he doesn't pick up any bug or anything. And we will just let people look at him from a distance. They said to keep babies away from crowds--I think it is the risk of RSV that they are worried about.
ReplyDeletePoor little guy under those lights. I'm glad to hear he's doing a bit better though. We're still praying for him to come home for Christmas - even if the doctors said that won't happen. His name is in the temple in Sao Paulo now - so the Brasilians are praying for him too! I also can't wait to see him - I'm so excited now that we finally have our tickets to go there. They were only $300 per person after taxes and everything, and me and Pete said we'd just tell our teachers in our classes what's up and everything should be fine! Yay for going to Virginia!!
ReplyDeleteOh man....only 300?? I want to go!!! Erica...tell my husband what a fantastic deal that it, and that he needs to let me go!
ReplyDelete