
Grant and Blake enjoyed eating the cake batter before nap.

Here is the finished cake.

Orange dinner

Blake's stash. He bruised his head yesterday morning by running into a wall.

Grant's stash.
This year's celebration was great! We started with orange dinner that included ghostie shaped cheese sandwiches, orange chips, spooky green punch, and the delicious ghost cake. The kids also liked the candy they found in the Halloween Crackers I made.
Trick or treating brought in a huge haul this year. Our street was kind of dead, so we headed a couple blocks over and filled the kids buckets. Blake was adorable with his "twick or tweet" and "fank yoo". He even threw in an occasional "happy haw-o-ween". Grant started out kind of shakey, but got into the swing of things once he realized he was getting a lot of free candy. His only complaint was that his bucket was too heavy. We finished the night at our friends the Burdicks with a fun visit. Their kids took Blake out trick or treating some more and he scored big time.
We got home and had fun playing with their table-ful of candy and then it was to bed with a sucker of their choice. We were amazed at how much great stuff they got! Only five peices of gum and the rest is chocolate and good stuff. It will take us a while to finish all this off!
I love the ghostie sandwhiches. What a great idea!! Very cute post..I can't believe your boys got all that candy. They are adorable.
ReplyDeletewhat a haul. i can't believe how much there is.
ReplyDeleteTheir pumpkins were overflowing when I tried to put it all away this morning.
ReplyDeleteAnd the best part of all is that they don't really like all the chocolate. They think M&M's are great, but they mostly like the suckers, so yeah for us!! Candy forever!
Blake looks like Harry Potter with that bruise!
ReplyDeleteThat is a SWEEET haul! I can't believe how much stuff they got! I couldn't keep up the trick-or-treating for long...but we got plenty of candy anyway!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Halloween! Sam dressed as a doctor and handed out candy. He had a pen that looked like a syringe with blood in it. Sam would say, "I don't have any candy but I have some drugs to offer. Morphine, Demerol, Codiene, Vicoden..." Then he would whip out his syringe. Some of the kids would back away, then he would say..."just kidding" and give them the candy!
ReplyDeleteMelanie, you sure know how to make holidays fun and exciting! Your boys are really lucky to have you for a mom. Love you guys, Cel
ReplyDelete