I don't like naps. Mom tries to put me down for a nap around 2pm, but I don't go to sleep. I get out of bed and open the closet, jump on my bed, climb on my dresser and play with my toys. Today she came and kept putting me back in bed. It was really funny. I was laughing the whole time, but she wouldn't even look at me or say anything. She just kept putting me back in bed over and over. I thought it was a fun game. After putting me back in bed 51 times, she finally gave up and let me out of the room. She realized it was already after 3pm and if I fell asleep, I would never go to bed tonight. So I got to come downstairs and play and get into everything I could...for some reason she wasn't talking to me. By then Blake was up from his nap and we both tried to get into everything. Blake knocked over a lamp, ate baby wipes, and played with the printer. I got into the china hutch, snuck some marshmellows, and climbed all over the couch.
Then, we went to pick up Dad at 4:45 and I was tired. I kept falling asleep in the car, but mom would turn the radio up, sing songs, wiggle my leg, roll down the window and do everything she could to keep me awake. She told me napping was for naptime. So I didn't get a nap today. I'm pretty tired and it's my bedtime now! Dad's going to put me to bed. Mom says she needs a break.
This is a great story Grant.
ReplyDeleteYou may think it is funny now, but mothers can make life miserable so you better try to do what she wants you do to. I know that taking naps are a real drag. Perhaps you could make a deal. You know---trade naptime for something you really like to do. Perhaps sleep an hour for 1/2 hour in the sandbox, etc.
Regardless, you better learn to give mommy a break or life will not be fun at your house. Believe me.....I have experience with this because my mom used to make me take naps too. Now that I'm older I really like taking naps. You wait and see. You'll see what I mean.
Later
Grandma Welsh is going to have to study the "Super Nanny" book before she comes to visit you! Your mom won't like it if I spoil you and lay down with you to take naps like I used to! She might make me be mean like her!!! I bet she could make my life miserable too!!! I had better do what she says too!
ReplyDelete