2.11.2009

I hate thinking of titles.

Day 40 Family Night
Last week's family night was great. This week, Grant didn't want to have Family Night. He cried and yelled. Then he spent the next ten minutes annoying Hayden by stealing his book. Meanwhile, Blake patiently and happily participated in Family Night. Poor middle child, I feel his pain. After a time out and a trip to his room, Grant decided he would sit quietly for the lesson so he could have a snack like the rest of us.

This is what I hate about Autism. It makes Grant so touch and go. One week can be heavenly. And other weeks, he gets stuck in his routine and is frustrated that he can't do what he wanted to. Some weeks you can change things up on him and other weeks you have to give him lots of warning and prepare him for a change to his schedule. The whole time you question your abilities and wonder if he's having a hard time transitioning because of something you've done or just because he feels like it. Last week, he got ready for school and bed no problem. This week, he whines every time he has to get ready for school. He cries, yells and gurgles his spit when we tell him it's bedtime. Whatever, maybe losing his front tooth has thrown him off his mojo.

Day 41 What do you think?
I got an email about the Baltimore 10 miler on June 20th...should we run it? Reasons I'm tempted:
1. Trav and I have each gained 5 pounds since the half-marathon.
2. 10 miles seems so much shorter than 13.3 miles.
3. The training runs would be during the spring when it's cool.

Oh so tempting...want to join us?

3 comments:

  1. Tempting...

    We want to do the full marathon in the fall. This would be a good step in that direction. But, I am still working up to 3 miles post-baby.

    I have to mull this one over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ll join you...I will just have to do a 10 miler here with my Dad. I've been working on my running. I want to do a half marathon too. You guys are my motivation. I'll do my 10 miler the same day and time as you. HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the saddest picture of Grant! You guys do an amazing job with those boys. I certainly wouldn't think it was something you did. Like you said, it is the downside of autism. We will hope for a better week!

    ReplyDelete