Our church family! Our little car needed about $1800 in repairs and we didn't know what to do. It didn't seem worth it to fix the car when it has 130,000 miles on it, but having just one car is a pain! So not only did someone in our ward offer to fix it for free, but another ward member is going to tow it to the 'free repair shop' for us! I'm so impressed with people who give so freely of their time to help others. We're hoping to be driving it again within the week!
Our neighbors: On the subject of people giving of their time, let me introduce you to John. 'Old John' is retired and lives three doors down from us. He's quite the handy man and has helped us with advice and tools over the years. A couple weeks ago he spent an hour or two with Travis up on the roof. Old John caulked and sealed a leak, checked our roof, and replaced the nails in our gutter with screws. Once again, the kindness of friends saved us a few hundred dollars.
And now for the regular stuff: we're thankful for our awesome families. Even though they're far away, we love keeping in touch with you and having you a part of our lives. Thanks for all the advice and guidance over the years. We're thankful for our great friends! We've gotten to know so many great people through church, school, and our neighborhood. We love you guys and appreciate all you do for us too! So here's to a great holiday season!
Wait a minute, what's this?
Oh yeah, the very first picture taken with my new camera!! So, thank you to the dance class Moms! Your tuition paid for 75% of my super-cool Nikon D60!! I found it at Costco.com for a great deal and I think I'm in love!! Okay, so it isn't the first picture I took. I forgot to format my memory card, so the first 20 pictures I took were deleted when I formatted, but what the heck this is picture #1! And thank you to UPS for getting it here so quick!!
No comments:
Post a Comment