9.20.2008

There's no such thing as a free lunch...

but how about a free fall wardrobe?! I'm one who always likes a good deal, and when it's free...wahoo! So a big thank you to the 'Gift of the Heart Clothing Exchange' for Grant's fall wardrobe! Here's how it works: a bunch of church members organize a huge clothing donation, sort everything by size, etc and then open it to anyone who wants to come to take anything they want for free! It's also hosted in an area with the big-time moo-lah, so most of the stuff is really nice. This is my second time attending, but the best visit ever! The boys table was piled high and I was able to get most everything I needed for Grant.


Winter coats! The red one is too big for Grant, so I guess I'll still need to buy one, but the blue one is perfect for Blake!


This is the only time I get cheesey shirts like this for the kids...when I don't have to pay for them. I am actually really in love with the Power Rangers shirt...it's awesome! And I had to get the karate one!
It's a great place for cheesey Mormon shirts too!

Sweet sweaters! Macy's, Carter's, Roots!!


Another batch of name brands: Children's Place, Ralph Lauren, L.L. Bean.



Random tshirts and cool baskeball warm-up. Also, super quality snowboarding pants...hope it snows this year!!
Random extras including nice church pants, school pants, Calvin Klein pants for Blake and more cheesey pj's that I would never actually pay for!!


I saved the best for last. I'm so in love with this vest & pair of pants from a children's boutique! And TWO white shirts! Just what I needed! And thank you Denise, Travis loves his new Patrick shirt!

How do you like my new 'free!!!' wreath? I also picked up 12 quart-size canning jars, two decorative jars, and a plate rack. Man, I love free stuff!

5 comments:

  1. DANG IT. I had a meeting this morning so didn't get to go. Nice stuff you got. Now I'm the jealous one. I love free stuff too. You scored girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I went back in April and got Ethan a bunch of pants and even some snow boots. But apparently all the winter stuff wasn't out yet! Dang it!! I need warm clothes for my kids- it's already in the 30's up here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! You totally scored big time. I'm way impressed. I wish we had something like that here. That would be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEALOUS!! We were at the crowded temple all day. Happy it was crowded, though!

    Looks like you scored! Love Travis' new shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally jealouse of the free stuff, that's what I always aim for. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete