1 John, 2. 25
A tale-tell sign that the kids really enjoy an activity is when they mention it in their evening prayers. By that token, I can tell that dying Easter eggs was a real hit. At the Hobbs house, we actually have a process for the kids to follow when dying Easter eggs. First, put the egg in the dye cup. Next, stir the water. This is the most important step. It basically keeps the kids busy so that they don't want to pull the egg out a million times to see if it's ready. Finally, after a long time stirring, the egg can come out. The kids try to use a spoon to do this, but unfortunately sometimes, they forget and end up also dying their hands and the kitchen floor. I think Grant's hand is still a little blue.
All of the egg coloring, of course, happened yesterday. We woke up this morning "covered in bunnies" to quote Blake. The kids enjoyed their easter baskets as well as finding a trail of bunny footprints to three easter huge baskets sitting on our kitchen table.
The easter egg hunt was a hoot. With Hayden sitting on the ground shaking a couple of eggs he had found until one of them broke up and he started eating all the M&M's that fell out. Grant and Blake ran around like crazy men grabbing all the eggs that they could find. Me and Melanie were laughing trying to take pictures and point out where eggs were that they couldn't find.
Happy Easter from the Hobbs!
Our Easter eggs were Star Wars this year, who would have thought with a house full of girls. :) I bet you will never guess who picked those out. You are making us feel guilty about not posting Easter yet, I guess I will go do that now.
ReplyDelete