3.17.2008

March Madness, Baby!



To accept the invitation, just follow this link. For reference, here's the group information.

Group ID#: 98375
Password: dietcoke

14 comments:

  1. PS - Everyone's invited. Plus, Yahoo's doing a promotion where if you guess all the winners you win $5 million. I think this might be my year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo!! I'm so excited for this year's tourney! I can't wait to see who gets the Florida State basketball for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is it bad that I'd rather have the kids fill out their brackets instead of having an Easter FHE?? Bring it on!!! I LOVE MARCH MADNESS!!!!

    P.S. For those of you new our blog, I grew up with two sisters and never even knew what all this march madness was until I got married. Since 2000, Travis has sucked myself and my entire immediate family into the tourney!! We obsess over the picks and keep track of the games all for the glory of winning absolutely nothing!! And for the record, I have won more than Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I fill one out for Emily Jeanette so she can play in-utero?

    And yes, you read that correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring it on!!! I love it and I love that I'm a cripple and can watch nearly every single game!!! Travis has sooooo sucked us all in! Now I need to fill out Dad's brackets! Can I fill one out for Hazel the cat?!

    ps. Love the name, Erica!
    ppss. I could hardly wait for all the empty nester's to leave so I could work on my brackets. I'm just going to pick them and not traumatize myself over them this year! hahaha Do you really believe that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, yeah right Mom. A little birdie told me you already Tivo-ed about five hours of Bracketology commentary. I don't think that worked for you last year!

    I am taking my picks in stages. I can't commit to all my choices at once, so I only do one round at a time.

    For clarification, you may only fill out a bracket for actual people with birth certificates that live in your house. No animals or babies in utero. EJ will have to wait until next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just realized that the picture that I had up previously, wasn't really NCAA.... Oh well, this one with the basketball is better anyway.

    Also I have a dilemma: If BYU makes it out of the first round, which I say yes, they will then most likely face the hated UCLA Bruins, who will probably win, because let's face it, they're cheaters.

    But what if the Cougars pull an upset. Should I pick BYU to beat them? Or should I go with everyone else and pick UCLA? $5 million dollars might be on the line....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's see...the year George Mason went to the final four you had NO loyalty whatsoever--so I would pick UCLA if I were you!

    As to the many hours of bracketology being Tivo'd, I couldn't find any! hahaha I did Tivo PTI today and Sportscenter, but they all have differing opinions that are not helpful at all! I am swayed by them all! hahaha I did pick a couple of 12-5 upsets though.

    Comment towards yesterday's pic: don't feel bad--at least you didn't turn in a gazillion coca cola points and get an award basketball for the winner for the WRONG team! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the fact that it's the wrong team on the basketball is the best part. It'll be great for whoever wins every year to get a Florida State Seminoles ball instead of a ball of the team who actually wins, whoever that may be. (Go Kansas! Okay, so I'm still undecided.. but that's my pick so far..)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One year the Florida State Seminoles will actually win, and then you'll be viewed as a psychic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, exactly! Mom and I decided we should write the name of the winning team, the family winner, and the year on the ball each year. It'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My stomach is in knots with the anticipation and fear of commitment with my brackets!!! I think I'm just about too type A to do this. hahahaha Maybe it would be better for me to have Grant and Blake make my picks too! hahahaha I thought I had them like I wanted them and then Erica sent me a link and mine were WAY different! Now what do I do!? hahaha I know, it's just a bracket...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah--if you print out your bracket from the Yahoo site there is a coupon for a meal deal on it. You just take it to KFC and redeem it! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS. This year Kent filled out his own brackets without any help from me at all. I just did his registration and named his bracket. He didn't want any help either. :) We are going to go to KFC for dinner to 'celebrate the dance!' hahaha

    And...I'm done changing my brackets!!! I LOVE MARCH MADNESS!!!

    ReplyDelete