1.25.2008

Blake's First Day of Preschool

Today is Blake's first day of preschool. It was delayed from Wed due to plumbing issues at his school. His teacher, Ms. Jessica, came to visit yesterday and Blake loved her! They played games together and he was such a good listener. I think Blake looks very handsome and grown up in his first day outfit. He's not a big fan of the button-down shirt, but I told him he had to wear it!
Wow, this looks familiar! Blake just giggled all morning when we mentioned school. He was so excited. Grant was just glad it wasn't him, he's home with a cold today.


The official "on the front steps on my first day of school" picture. What a cutie! I could hardly get him to stand still long enough for a picture.


It was chilly this morning, so we waited in the car. Blake helped us watch for his bus. It comes at 8:10am, about thirty minutes before Grant's bus. Blake's school is all the way across town, while Grant's is just three blocks away.
Here's the bus! It's our favorite bus driver that used to pick up Grant.
It's great to see some familiar faces. I think we stopped traffic for about five minutes while we got lots of pictures of our first day.


Blake could not wait to get on the bus! I think he was excited that it was his turn to ride.



It was a sad day for Mom and Dad saying goodbye to our bright little guy. It's very quiet without him, but I know he's going to learn a lot. This is it, it's the same as kindergarten...Blake's in school until he's 18!! Do you think he has any idea?
We watched Blake run all the way to the back of the bus. The aid had to chase him down and help him find his seat. Thanks Manassas City for the free preschool!! I hope this is the last time we'll need you!

10 comments:

  1. Awww! Blake's so cute! I'm surprised he did so well getting on the bus and leaving! I hope every day goes that well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Blake. He looked so cute and excited. I think it's funny that he ran all the way to the back of the bus. He's so cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake, I hope you had a fun first day! I'm sure Monday won't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome little giy! I am glad he was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the first picture I was thinking he looked too little to go to school and by the time I looked at all of them he looked all grown up! I hope he had a great first day!

    ps. He has no idea....poor kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Blake! What a cute guy...he looks so cute in his first day outfit! ....I know it's sad to see him leave, but isn't it great having just one at home? You might get to shower before noon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How stinkin' cute!!! I hope he had a great day at school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:09 PM

    Okay he is not old enough for school! I cant believe it. I still think of him as a baby. Preschool will be so good for him. He will have socializing with all the girls!! HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how adorable Blake is! And how well dressed! What an exciting day--thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blake is adorable!! Que lindo!!!

    ReplyDelete