2.28.2007

Best Day of the Year!!!

Check out that sewing machine!!


I love it so much I have to give it a kiss!


Last year I teased Travis that if Hayden came early, I would use the extra tax break $$ to buy a new sewing machine. Well guess what? Hayden came early and I got a new sewing machine!! I've been using a Bernina 830, a machine older than me! It's been wonderful, but I was ready for something nicer with more stitches and quilting capabilities.

I've been searching ebay for a used machine in my price range and found one that was pretty nice. I was a bit nervous to shell out so much cash in an ebay transaction, so I decided to check my local Bernina dealers for the model I wanted, hoping they had one still lying around. I found a dealer in Fairfax who didn't have the model I wanted, but a newer one that was dramatically reduced in price, the Bernina Artista 165. It has 183 built in stitches, a touch screen to scroll through everything, and about a billion bells and whistles that I don't even know how to use yet!! If I want to someday, I can upgrade it to an embroidery machine (for a price). Thankfully, the machine comes with classes from the quilt shop on how to use it and all its features. I'm going to test it out tonight.

Poor Travis, I had to ditch him to get to the store in time to buy it. I took the baby and Blake was napping, so Travis just had to pick up Grant from the bus. He's excited for me and says this means he gets a new computer sometime in the next five years! haha This machine is my dream come true! I can't wait to get my money's worth out of it.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks very nice. If you feel like trying it out you can make me something. Good luck and hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how busy you and your family are! Surgery, potty training, new sewing machine, new baby, YIKES! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Looks awesome, Mel! I'm hoping to get a Bosch bread maker like mom's with some of our tax money... that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man....you KNOW I am so jealous! It is sooooo awesome! You'll have to sew on it and tell me how wonderful it is so I can sew vicariously on a super delux machine. Does it run really smooth? Okay, get sewing so you can tell me....I must know. I haven't been able to sew for months, and now we're moving so it will be another month!!! I'm going through withdrawls and then you go and get a super sweet machine to sew on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I got to say is that I lost my taxdeduction (Jessica) and child credit (Sam turned 17), and my tax return no longer exists! I really do love looking Melanie and her toy!

    ReplyDelete