10.29.2006

Halloween Trunk-or-Treat













The Manassas 1st Ward Trunk-or-Treat activity yesterday was a lot of fun. The activity started at 5pm where Melanie and Laura Lee entered our family in the chili cook-off. We then took Grant and Blake to various rooms for the carnival activities. The favorite stations were the bean-bag toss, the fishing booth, and the ring toss (which Grant was remarkably good at). The kids also enjoyed an activity where they got to throw wet bean bags at one of the young men in the ward, but they were a little too scared at the Haunted Alley.

After the carnival, we ate a chili dinner where we found out that Laura Lee and Melanie's chili was voted number 1. It was funny and surprising. The kids then entered the costume parade (dressed as cowboys). And after that they went out in the parking lot to "trunk-or-treat". The kids had a lot of fun, and got a lot of candy.

5 comments:

  1. You won the chili cook off------that's great. Sound like the kids and adults had a lot of fun. I especially like the cowboy pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little punks who didn't want their picture taken. I loved their outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one where they are both crying...it is so typical of actualy Halloween child behavior! Madi is already arguing with us about having to wear her coat over her costume. Prepare for the tantrum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they wanted to get in the car and go to the party. And they thought wearing the hats was a horrible mean thing for us to do to them. Of course once they got to the trunk or treat, they kept them on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went as a cowboy too. I had a hat and boots!

    ReplyDelete