
I just finished reading Book 2 in the physics of Star Trek series. This one branches out to other shows like Alien, Independance Day, Star Wars, and X-Files. It talks from a physics perspective about things like -- ESP, Supernovas, the chance of alien life elsewhere in the universe and how likely we are to be "invaded" -- extremely unlikely to well nigh impossible, by the way, at least by the laws of physics as we know them. He also talks about telekinises (eg. the "Force"), doomsday (ie. all the way in which the earth can be destroyed. For instance if a supernova occurs anywhere less that 30 light years away from us-- we're basically toast). And he talks briefly about quantum physics -- but this part was a little over my head. I thought it was an interesting read, and pretty easy to understand for the most part. I'm not a physics guru, but a lot of what he said makes sense.
Me either...but I'm glad you enjoyed both of the books!
ReplyDeleteuhhh.. uhhmm.. uhhh...
ReplyDelete