
So, where is everybody on following President Hinckley's counsel of reading the whole Book of Mormon by the year's end?
We have just started reading 2 chapters everyday with the kids and so far we're on 1 Nephi 17. The kids normally do alright, although when the chapters are long (like they were last night) they can get pretty antsy.
Last night, Blake decided to try to plug things into the electrical socket and Grant was running in circles like a crazy-man. Every once in a while, he would sit in my lap and point to the letters and numbers he sees in the scriptures. It was actually pretty cute.
Usually they both sit quietly though. It has been nice reading and lately we've seen at least one blessing --- Blake can say "Amen" at the end of prayers now, and Grant, who used to only giggle when we wanted him to say "Amen" and refused to say it, is now starting to follow suit.
Great to hear you are reading the BOM as a Family. I started a few weeks ago. I always start at the back and read Ether and Moroni and move to the front. I am now in the middle Jacob. I was tickled to hear that Blake is saying "Amen" and that Grant is following his good example. That's funny.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up guys! Your're doing great.