Once again I just couldn't let this go to the trash man. Our next door neighbors had put this dresser on the curb. We need one for Blake's room and I loved the price, so I waited until after dark last night and lugged it inside. The drawers work really good and there are only a couple scuff marks. It's just laminate over particle board so I won't even feel bad when I paint it white to match the nursery! I love free stuff.
I can't believe all of the cool stuff you find in the trash. What a lucky find.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! What a Steal.
ReplyDelete...and that floor sure looks nice.
ReplyDeleteThat is one good looking dresser. Cory and I just put the first coat of paint on the dresser we have for the baby's room. What a pain in the butt in was to sand though. Argh. It's looking cute though.
ReplyDeleteDid you use a power sander or did you sand it by hand? I'm thinking I'll go the power sander route with this one.
ReplyDeleteMelanie,
ReplyDeleteIf the dresser is a laminate you probably shouldn't sand it. It should be a smooth finish and mostly likely just needs painting; however, I like it just the way it is.
we used a power sander for the dresser and we hand sanded our changing table (which was a pain in the butt). We bought white spray paint to paint the changing table. It would take forever to paint if we did it by hand.
ReplyDelete