We loved this talk and wanted to take the kids to visit the temple grounds and Washington DC Visitor's Center. We go with the kids every Christmas, but we wanted to visit when the weather is warmer. Plus, we thought it would be fun to go with our old skool friends, the Van Camps. We talked about the temple on the drive, especially the Angel Moroni statue on top, heralding the restoration of the gospel. Then we spent a few minutes on the grounds, visited the interactive exhibits in the visitor's center, and posed for some pics. Awesome.
Hayden touches the temple.
None of the Grant pictures worked out, but he did want me to take a picture of this "lowercase r".
This little nook has a very garden of eden feel.
I kind of like this crazy blownout temple shot. You can just see the shadow of the Angel Moroni.
I thought it was great when I told Blake to pose by the statue of Jesus and he climbed right up to be at his feet.
Cosey was really cute. After seeing the big boys pose, she ran right up to have her turn too!
Our best group shot.
A little something I'm working on for the kids' room for Christmas.
To read more on LDS Temples, go here. There's a link to President Monson's April talk on the front page.








No comments:
Post a Comment