7.24.2010

Crochet Therapy


Lately, I love to crochet. It's less messy than sewing with all the kids at home and it's one of the things I always wanted to do for a baby girl. I spent a lot of time browsing at Ravelry.com and found this pattern (never mind the creepy reborn doll).

I LOVED the scallops and jumped right in. I chose a fun, summery pink (some might call it pepto-pink) and started in about 2 weeks ago. I added five rows to the length so she could wear it through the fall. With the added length, it needed another row of flouncy scallops. So here it is!








7 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! So glad your mom made sure you knew how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah right! So glad I learned how to crochet a chain in Merry Misses. And then I learned the rest from Sister Hill! At least my mom taught me to smock and sew....

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO. CUTE!! She looks like a doll baby!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh Melanie..those are so darn cute. Holy crap. I love to crochet and I love ravelry. Such a great website. You are becoming quite the crochet-er. I need to learn to make a dress like that. I am so in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looked sooooo cute today!
    I love all the cute crafty things you do! I wish I had your talent. When I grow up I want to be just like Melanie Hobbs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some super cool crocheting talent you have there. I can make a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. golly, you're good! and your baby is so pretty. she's getting big!

    ReplyDelete