To start off, we've raised $150 for Autism Speaks through donations for necklaces! Thank you to those who have made donations! I've got enough supplies to make at least 5 more necklaces of you're interested. For everyone else, I hope you are making plans to wear blue on Friday. Be sure to let me know either here on the blog or on FB and I'll enter your name into our drawing! Now on to the post:
I had to post a few pics of the boys in their Easter outfits. Following tradition, I bought them on clearance last year at my fave store, The Children's Place. They wore them today since next week is General Conference and we won't be at the building for church. And the next week, we'll have a new baby and I don't know that I'll be up for doing a photo shoot. FYI, I'm being induced April 5th if all goes well at my appt on the 1st. Anyway, I took a few cute pics of the boys after church to share with you.
When I showed this one to Travis he asked if I told them to make funny faces. Um, no. I asked them to look at me and smile. And this is what I got:


You have got to read what this layout says. It's the funniest story about Blake and his socks:
The boys, and especially Blake, love ‘fancy’ socks. He always picks the striped, argyle, polka-dot or holiday socks to wear first. So when I picked up Easter outfits at The Children’s Place last year, I was thrilled to find matching socks for each of the boys’ new sweater vests. The outfits and socks hung in the closet for almost a year until the kids wore them today. As I laid out the clothes I remarked that they would be so thrilled to have matching socks. Boy was I wrong! I had meetings all morning so I got the following report when Travis showed up at church: Blake had decided that he wanted to wear black socks today. In fact, he had already put them on when Travis showed him the cool matching ones. Well, Blake was NOT happy about the new socks. Travis pointed out that Mom would be sad if he wore the black socks instead of the new, matching ones. So eventually, Blake begrudgingly agreed to wear the new ones. A couple minutes later, he comes to Travis and says “Look Dad! I’m wearing my new socks!” But he would only show Travis one foot. Getting suspicious, Travis demanded to see Blake’s other foot. “No!” says Blake. “Show me the other foot!” says Travis. “You’re going to be in big trouble if the other sock does not match!” “Oh, okay Dad, I’m not done getting ready,” says Blake, who is wearing one argyle sock and one black sock! Travis continues to help the boys get ready as Blake finally gets his new socks on. After a few minutes, Blake comes to Travis and says “I’m having a hard time getting my shoes on Dad.” It only took a moment for Travis to figure out the problem: Blake was so determined to wear his black socks that he rolled them up and put them in the toe of the argyle socks and tried to put his shoes on! Arggh!! After a stern chat, Travis finally showed up to church with all three boys in sweater vests and matching argyle socks!
Man, those kids crack me up. Anyway, this week is spring break for us and our only plans are to stay close to home and take it easy. I can't wait!



I love looking at pictures of your boys. They are always so cute and your pictures are amazing. We are so happy for you guys! Can wait too see your baby girl.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures Melanie and loved the socks story. Count on us wearing blue and a necklace would be nice. Save one for Tammy if you think of it. Can't wait till April 5th.
ReplyDelete