11.13.2008

Enrichment!!

We had the BEST Enrichment meeting tonight! (FYI for those not members of our church: The women meet together once a quarter and have a Home, Family & Personal Enrichment meeting. We get a chance to spend time on ourselves and learn ways to enrich our and our family's lives). So anyway, the Young Women met with the women as well and it was awesome. Denise organized a great evening of readings, testimonies and uplifting music. I'm so glad I could go and see the women from our ward. The music was my favorite part of the night! Val Harris can make the worst piano sound like Carnegie Hall and the YW did a great job on their musical number as well. Most of all, I could relax, feel the love of my sisters in the ward and lift up my spirit. So muchas gracias to all those that put on such a wonderful event!!

And here's a quick update:


Hayden: Is amazing! He had his six month follow-up with the county and went from being delayed in five areas to being delayed in only one area!! We're working a lot with him on imaginary play, self-awareness, and empathy for others. Translation: personification of everything, learning to say his own name, and recognizing when others are sad/need something. He's really showing us his personality lately...he loves being a big boy, wants to marry Kai-lan from Nihao Kai-lan, and constantly carries around his blankies and sippy cups. I let him walk to the bus today and carry his own umbrella...he was so happy! He toddled the whole way and was so excited to wave 'bye' to Blake's bus driver.

Blake: Oh Blake, he's a funny one. He's all about defiance lately. When I tell him to do anything that he doesn't agree with, he responds with a high-pitched: "Fine, I won't eat for ten hours" or "Fine, I just won't go to bed" or "Fine, I didn't want it anyway". Mostly I try not to laugh. He is also making a lot of progress on his goals in school. He loves to do his 'homework' while Grant does his. This involves drawing funny pictures of himself trick-or-treating or practicing his letters. Blake doesn't really have a favorite toy right now, but loves to carry around his 'stuff' nonetheless. And I guess if you can call it a toy, his favorite is tape measures. He plays for hours with Travis' tape measure. We're asking Santa to put a couple of them in Blake's stocking this year. Blake can usually be found carting around various collections of toys in buckets and when I tell him he can't bring the buckets into the store he says 'Fine, I'll put it in my pocket'.

Grant: Also doing awesome in school!! He got mostly S+'s on his recent report card and has made lots of progress with reading and math. He's constantly reciting reading rules and loves to practice spelling. It's fun to see him doing so well. He really impressed us with soccer too. He never really got into the whole 'chasing down the ball' part of the game, but had a great attitude about going and grew more and more comfortable every week with the kids and coaches. He was so cute when he got his trophy last week!

5 comments:

  1. you rock.

    the boys look like they're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love the trophy pic the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I really want to come back the the ward. :( Those pics are adorable and I am sooooooo glad your boys are progressing so well. Makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the trophy picture the best too. Grant looks so proud of himself. It is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the great update about the boys. we really enjoy reading your posts

    ReplyDelete