1.16.2008

Ugly Bread, Etc


So, here's the skinny on the Hobbs. We're trying to get skinny. The goal is 35 pounds each by the end of the year...really October. Here's the plan: write down what we eat, exercise, stick to our calories for the day. We each lost 3 lbs last week. We'll be adding other things in as we go to keep us going: drinking enough water, going to bed earlier, etc. If we hit our goal, we are running as a relay team of four with the Van Camps in the Baltimore marathon in October. It works out to 6 miles per person and I would LOVE to do it!

Along that thought and because I got a sweet new mixer for Christmas, I've been making our bread. We eat A LOT of bread at our house since it's all the kids will eat. So I've ground my own wheat and made bread for the last two weeks. I'm not sure how long this will last, but it's working so far. I am miserable at forming pretty loaves, they look great until I drop them in the pan, then they get all lopsided. Anyway, they taste pretty good and the wheat was free, so whatever.

7 comments:

  1. SO,I've lost like 10 pounds since I've been pregnant. 5 just last month. They said I need to gain more weight by next month, so I've been eating more peanuts. I hope that's enough. I haven't really eaten sweets since I've been pregnant, so I think thats why, but, why doesn't this happen when I'm not pregnant?? Cory and I are trying to get in shape too. He's been going to the ISU gym every morning at 6am and I stay home and work out to Fit Beginnings, my pregnancy workout video. Don't let it fool you that it's for pregnant women. I couldn't even do half the stuff on the video when I wasn't pregnant. It's yoga and pilates all mixed together. Its pretty crazy!! Good luck with your diet/work out. Wish us luck too. The going to bed early has been hard on us. Hopefully we'll be used to it by next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is posting as Cory, and no, he is not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:23 AM

    Grant has been fascinated with my cauliflower and broccoli to the point that he will say "can i have some?" and ate both yesterday. When i asked if he'd like some more, he took more broccoli and ate it.

    They are both raw and washed and I just munch on them throughout the day.

    I didn't know if he eats them at home, so I figured that I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread is amazing.

    You are amazing. You have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, February's enrichment is on bread making. Then we are going to start of series of advanced bread making classes.

    hummm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good to me. As long as it's edible I'm not too picky. The bread you brought us was AWESOME!!! You are truly my Martha friend. : )

    ReplyDelete