1.23.2008

German Christmas

I'm really excited about the tree topper, I've been looking for just the right one for years now! And Regan helped pick out the cute cars, one for each boy! There are multiples of the smaller Santas (just like Mom's!) and the snowmen. So cute!
Hahaha! German beer stein lady. She's my favorite!
This nativity is my absolute favorite! You light the candles and the propellers at the top turn, which makes the whole scene turn as well. It's beautiful and all handcrafted wood!


Our awesome friends, the Burdicks, went to Germany over Christmas and brought us back some fantastic things! My mom always had real German Christmas decorations that family had brought back for her over the years. So I asked Fiona to find a tree topper for us and some ornaments. Wow! I can't believe the wonderful things she brought back for us! They are sure to become our family treasures. Thanks again Burdicks!

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Paul's parents have one of those nativity sets and it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory brought home a few of the nativity sets, but gave themto his parents. So, we have no cool german stuff, except for a dozen or so beer mugs from each of his areas. Pretty funny that he chose to bring home a beer mugs from his mission. Cory is so funny. We are jealous of the coool sutff. One of these years we'll go to Germany too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide if the beer stein lady or the nativity is my favorite! Now Fiona has to go back to Germany to me one of each too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember when mom had one of those little things with the candles? It was metla, though, and had little angels that went around the cirle when the candles were lit. I thought it was so cool. Whatever happened to that?

    ReplyDelete