8.30.2005

Stonewall Jackson 5K


Melanie and I ran our third 5K. This is about 3.1 miles. We did our first run on a dare, and we ended up kind of enjoying it. Our goal for this run was to finish at around the 30 minute mark. We finished at 30:55. That was 2 minutes faster than our last run, so we are excited. The fastest time in the race was 17 minutes. I don't think we'll ever get to that point, but if we can cut 4 minutes off our time, we'll be right in with the fastest women in Melanie's age group. .. Not that we're competing for real though.

The plan is, if everything turns out right, to run a 10K (our first) in October. In this picture, the gun has just sounded and Melanie and I are probably about 7-8 rows back. You won't be able to see us.

7 comments:

  1. Cool! You guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job guys. I have no motivation for running that far. I try, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I hate running. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trav, how do I put links from my blog to your guys' blog. And, how do I get rid of the stupid navigator bar at the top of my blog??? Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My time for this race last year was 35:30, so I cut 4 1/2 min off my time. Travis ran by himself last year and finished in 28 minutes. Now he's my running buddy and I slow him down, but we really enjoy running together.

    This course is also pretty hilly too so we were glad to improve on our time. It rained the whole morning and I think that helped keep us cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool guys!! I think it's awesome that you are running in marathons. Good luck in October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the help with the tech stuff. It's so much better without that stupid bar.. and with links.. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! It is better. Thanks for fixin that; it was really starting to bug me.

    ReplyDelete