First off, the medical updates: the Dr. started me on a diabetes medication to help reduce my fasting blood sugars. This bumped me into the high-risk group and necessitated extra baby monitoring. So, I had my first non-stress test where they hooked me up to a couple monitors and watched the baby's heart-rate for about 45 minutes. Everything looked great and I got to eat my favorite ice chips since it was done at Labor & Delivery. Next up was an ultrasound. Baby looked great! She measures right on for her gestational age and everything is right on. So, for now we just keep up with the weekly non-stress tests and wait for this gal to make her arrival. I have tons of contractions all the time, but so far they aren't causing labor. We'll keep you posted.
With the waiting comes time for the piles of baby girl crafts I've been waiting years to try out! Here's what I've been up to:
Crocheted beanies: Apparently I wanted a mommy/daughter set because the first one I made is HUGE! Yes, it fits me. The second one is closer to the right size. I made the crocheted flowers following this tutorial. They are on clips, so they can be clipped on headbands, etc.
Burp cloths: I went crazy with my flannel scraps and a package of cloth diapers. You should have seen the look on Trav's face when he saw the cloth diapers. He thought I had lost my mind until I explained their crafty purpose.
Receiving Blankets: Again, I got a little crazy with the crochet, making the pink motifs for the white blanket and the bluebird for the birdy blanket. Love how they came out!
Fabric flower clips: These are SO easy to make and I LOVE them!! Check out the tutorial here. I've got plans for more.
Baby's first tutu!! Won't it be cute in her first photo shoot?!
Baby's coming home afghan. Man, I love girly stuff.
So there ya go! Now on to a few more baby things, hopefully including the curtains for the nursery!






CUTE stuff! You are going to have sooo much fun!
ReplyDeleteYou're cracking me up!! Keep up the crafting! It all looks so fun and pretty.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your baby girl! She is going to be a princess. I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteYou get off bed rest for ONE week, and you bust out all that stuff!! I haven't even thought about those coasters in weeks, and I have no excuse.
ReplyDeleteHow spoiled will this baby be! Man, I've gotta learn to crochet...
ReplyDeleteI love it...I guess you figured out how to make the hats. My friend was going to email me to the link for the hats we make, but she never did. They are super cute though. I love the fabric bows too. I need to try to make those. Such cute stuff.
ReplyDeleteMan I am so glad you're having a girl!! I;m glad you're having so much fun getting ready for her :)
ReplyDeleteWow, you are one amazing, resourceful woman! I'm thrilled that you will be having a GIRL soon! Her room is adorable and filled with love in all her homemade decor.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful labor and delivery! Happy Spring too! We love you all :-)