10.30.2008

Kreativ Blogger (disguised tag)


Muchas gracias Denise for thinking that our blog is awesome. That means I get this fancy tag and I have to say seven things I'm thankful for.

1. Homework. Grant totally impressed me today with his use of lower-case letters, spaces between words, use of periods at the end of sentences and amazing spelling skills. He loves practicing 'stomp your feet' spelling practice. It's been fun helping him with his homework this year.

2. The election almost being over. Being a battleground state isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm happy to know there's only 5 more days of phonecalls, mailings and general harassment.

3. Pearl, or you may know her as 1996 Honda Accord. We got her right after we got married and she's been awesome for almost nine years. So, as she is about to join the car graveyard due to a broken water pump, failed thermostat, almost dead clutch and faulty head gasket (totaling over $2500 in repairs) I'm just trying to be grateful that she lasted this long.

4. Funny kid stories.
From Grant's teacher: Mrs. Robertson and David were talking about the pronunciation of some word and couldn't agree. Out from the tent pops Grant's head and he says "to-may-toe, to-MA-toe" and goes back in.

An exchange between Brayden (Blake's buddy) and Blake:

Brayden: Hey Blake!!
Blake: What?
Brayden: It's Brayden!
Blake: Hehehe
Brayden: I have a robo-cat that lights up (showing toy to Blake)!
Blake: Cool!!

Hayden kept trying to close the dishwasher while I was unloading it yesterday.

Mom: Stop that Hayden.
Mom: Hayden, stop!
Mom: Hayden, get out of here.
Mom: Hayden! Stop that!
Mom: Hayden, do you want a time out?!
Hayden: Noooo!! (while running away)

5. Cold Diet Coke.

6. 30 Rock Season Premier tonight!

7. Unlimited long distance calling.

And now, be grateful that I am not passing this award on!! Hehe

3 comments:

  1. We have a Honda for sale. I don't know any other parent that is grateful for homework. I know I'm not. Big thorn in our side here. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog really is the most awesomest awesomer ever!!!

    I too am grateful for diet coke. I should buy stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, why don't I have stock in Coca Cola? I keep them in business! I am almost counting the MINUTES until this stupid election is over! I'm so sick of "Yes on Prop. 8" and the millions of emails I get forwarded to me each and every day! I should be thankful I am in people's address book....

    ReplyDelete