10.24.2008

Full Day of Fall Fun!


Since Travis worked an extra shift this week and had the day off, we took the kiddos to Leesburg Animal Park. It was awesome! We saw animals, petted animals, went down giant slides, played in bounce houses, went on a wagon ride, and picked out pumpkins. The weather was chilly, the crowds were sparse, and the kids LOVED it! Here's some highlight pics:

Next up was the ward fall festival. Travis made mom's chili recipe, but we weren't able to hold on to our best chili title. Travis says that in his heart he knows that ours was the best! I finished the boys' costumes at a ridiculous hour last night and they were adorable!! We won the 'most realistic' costume award. Probably because they know that our kids really are little monkeys that jump into our bed at all times of the night. How adorable are they?? If you don't know, we chose three little monkeys jumping on the bed, with momma calling the dr and Travis as our dr for the costumes this year. Too cute! I had to squeeze one more year of cute-sy costumes before Grant refuses to participate! haha I'll try for something more rough and tumble next year...three stooges maybe?

Anyway, the kids made the rounds at the carnival after dinner and waited in line FOREVER to get their faces painted...what did they pick? Grant wanted a green 'G' and Blake wanted a purple 'B'. So funny. I wish I had taken pics of some of the AWESOME costumes this year. Tamee Jones made the most adorable princess costume for Kendall. The Merchants little girls costumes were also fantastic. And of course we loved the Walton/Hawks families 'Clue' costumes. Anyway, we're all fall-ed out and gearing up for another busy day tomorrow: baby shower, soccer game and a Halloween party. The whole family!
We won!!
Blake crashed underneath the table while waiting for the carnival to start. We had to wake him up for the costume parade!

6 comments:

  1. Cutest.Monkeys.Ever! I was hoping you would post tonight before you went to bed! Too bad about the chili contest! I'm sure Travis' was the best and they just didn't want to give it to you again! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:25 AM

    CUTE CUTE COSTUMES!! I always liked the manassas halloween parties. People are so creative out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I hope others post their costumes...So, who holds the new chili title--I find it hard to believe there could be better??
    The costumes look AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute idea for the costumes, I love it! You have got to be one of the funnest moms I know, you are always doing funthings as a family. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You continue to totally amaze me. Every time I read your blog I can't decide whether to feel like a complete loser cause I'll never be as ambitious as you, or whether to be completely inspired and try harder to be as amazing as you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the monkey costumes! We affectionately call our boys monkeys all the time, and we seem to have a family fetish for monkey things. Each of the boys has several stuffed monkeys of his own. Those photos of your boys are just too cute, and you have a beautiful family. Boys are so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete