So Blake's been sick a couple days this week and missed school. This morning he wakes up and coughs like crazy, so I decide he should probably stay home. An hour later, he's bouncing off the walls and happy, so Travis offers to drop him off at school on his way to work (woo hoo for Travis only working 1/2 mile from Blake's school).
Four hours later I'm waiting at the bus stop. And waiting, and waiting. Forty minutes of waiting later, I decide to call the school to see if there's been some horrific bus crash and I get "Oh, didn't you remember that today's the preschool field trip?" WHAT?! NO!! If I had remembered, I would have gee, I don't know, sent him with a jacket since it's been raining all day! Or maybe a lunch so he would have something to eat while visiting the farm!? I felt like the biggest loser, and not the skinny kind.
The bus was expected in the next 15 minutes, so I drove over to the school rather than keep waiting. I apologize profusely to the teacher who says "Oh, don't worry about it. It didn't really rain that much and we packed extra food for him." So now I'm that mom, the one they have to pack extra food for because she's going to forget!! Then I call Travis and he says "Well, yeah. I figured it was field trip day because when I dropped him off, they were all getting onto a bus." Thanks for the update honey!
Well, thank you for taking the crown today, I am sure that I will be back for it tomorrow, maybe even later today!
ReplyDeleteDon't you hate being known as, "Oh, that's the one that..."
Yeah, been there.
Didn't I bring you up better than that? hahaha
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. I used to be the perfect mom who never forgot anything like that. My girls always had coats, lunches, etc. I forgot to pack a lunch for Maseys field trip, forgot to send a coat with Hannah on her trip to the farm and have even forgotten to pick them up from school a few times this year. (most of the time they walk home) I must be getting old! It is so embarrasing!
ReplyDeleteWorst. Mom. Ever.
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha.
Cute pics of Blake, though! He's such a handsome kid!
Well if it makes you feel any better we all do it. I can tell about the day I forgot to send vicki with lunch. And she ate a cheese sandwhich at school. I can tell you about the time Scott forgot to pick her up from the bus stop and I had to leave where I was to go get her. We have all done.
ReplyDelete