1.10.2007

Sweet Christmas Deal!

My Christmas clearance haul


Birth announcements and thank you's


Mom's haul, she drew the line at wrapping paper, since she would be embarrassed to take it on the plane.


My second trip to the check-out only cost $8!


So I know we haven't posted any new pics of Hayden, I promise those will come in the next day or two. I just had to show you these awesome deals Mom and I found at Kmart tonight. We stopped by Kmart to pick us some random things and decided to check the Christmas clearance. It was 75% off and we picked up a few things. I found some cute Christmas cards that I thought I could alter to use as birth announcements for Hayden. I thought this was a pretty good deal at $1.25/box. I also found a couple rolls of wrapping paper that didn't look too Christmas-ey and some candy for the kids. Mom picked up a couple boxes of cards and some cute holiday gift tags.

We headed to the register and started unloading the cart. I watched the register and couldn't believe my eyes! The cards were ringing up for 29 cents a box! The wrapping paper was 19 cents a roll and the gift tags were 9 cents! I asked the checker if it was right and he commented that some things had been marked down further to 80% off. I countered that this was more like 95% off!! We decided that this was an awesome deal and we had 45 more minutes until the store closed. So we headed back to the Christmas aisle and I got a bunch of cards to use as thank-you's and enough Christmas cards to last each of us for the next four years. Of couse I grabbed more wrapping paper and a bunch of really cute gift boxes. When we finished checking out the second time, I had spent around $8 and Mom around $5 and we had a whole cart full! Another lady was buying Christmas clearance as well. She bought a 7.5 foot tree and a cart full of decorations for only $10. Yeah Kmart!!

5 comments:

  1. Great deals! BUT, I want more pictures of the BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such great Kmart deals! I'm SO amazed. Our Kmart totally didn't have their stuff on such good sales, and they didn't even have as much of the great stuff left! Thanks for going back today and getting me so much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the kisses are the best deal. Hey those christmas cards would be perfect for us. i don't think weve sent out our cards yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing this post, I went to Kmart as well. All the Christmas was only 75% off. It was pretty scarce. I only came out with a table-cloth. It was only 1 dollar though. Oh well. It was worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, we tried another Kmart in the next town and their prices weren't that cheap either. We went back to the Manassas Kmart this morning though and got a ton of ornaments for Erica. I decided to buy a bunch for myself too. I got enough to decorate our whole tree next year with non-breakable ornaments for only $9.

    ReplyDelete