About half of our completed ravioli, including the runt that looks more like a wonton. It didn't seal properly, but we squished it together and cooked it anyway. MmmmIt's that time of year again! I had kind of an uneventful yard sale day about a week ago. Until I got this awesome ravioli maker still new in the box for $2!! I always wanted to be like Krista and try ravioli, but was too wimpy to do it without this little tool. Trav and I were excited to try it.
Our filling is browned ground turkey, spinach, and parmesan cheese. It was so easy to do. The ravioli form has about 14 half circle indentations in it and around each indentation is a raised squigly line that helps form the edges of the ravioli. You put the pasta dough through the machine until it's nice and thin. Then you just lay one half on the ravioli form and fill the indentations with filling. Next we folded the other half of the pasta on top and used a rolling pin the press the dough against the the raised parts that sealed the dough and cut it into ravioli.
It only took a few minutes to cook and then YUM! It was really fun and delicious. We want to try a ricotta ravioli and maybe a chocolate one next!


That sounds so yummy and that's something I've never tried. We've only made homemade lasange noodles by rolling them by hand. They ended up tasting just like the store boughten ones so I've never looked into buying the pasta making machines. Good job Melanie for finding such a bargain! I love ordering ravioli at the restaurant. Yum!
ReplyDeleteNow this ravioli maker looks like a fun thing to try. You guys did a super job. I think the runt picture is so funny admist all of the perfect ones.
ReplyDelete