5.15.2006

Melanie's Mother's Day





Here are some pictures of our Mother's Day. The kids wore these cute outfits that Melanie found while she was shopping, and Melanie also made her own dress. Unfortunately, the kids weren't in the mood to take pictures.

I made Melanie a dinner later that evening of home-made breadsticks, creamy lemon chicken pasta, and bang-bang shrimp. The bang-bang shrimp is a recipe that I found on-line from one of our favorite restaraunts. Everything was so delicious. I also made a cake (from a box) and topped it with whipped cream. I think I'm getting a lot better at this cooking thing.

8 comments:

  1. This posting of the boys wanting their pictures taken is making laugh so hard that I am crying. I can just hear them now.

    Also, I am impressed at your cooking skills Travis. Melanie is making you a domesticated man! Wow! Mom will be impressed.

    Bang! Bang! Now that sounds like something we need to try. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Everything looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I really like the suits that the boys are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also:

    At least the framed pictures in the background look great----even if the boys are not cooperating. Great picture to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, how do you find time to make your own clothes? I still have a pile of things that need altering, and I don't know when I'll get to it...

    You and the boys look darling on Mother's Day. The one thing that was missing in the picture was Travis!

    Looks like you're all having a wonderful time at home in Virginia. Sure wished you lived closer to us. We love you guys :-). Cel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travis is so mean for putting that picture up! He sure snuck it in while I wasn't looking! Grant was so so grumpy all weekend. Thankfully his mood has improved now, but he was NOT going to be in those pictures.

    Their little suits came from the Easter clearance rack at Children's Place. I never buy the clothes for Easter, just wait for them to go on sale afterward! The jackets were originally $25, but I got them for $8. So cute!

    My dress was really quick to make. I take my inspiration from Krista. I just started cutting out on Saturday night at 7 and by midnight I was done! I had to be up making cookies for Primary anyway, so it was a two-fer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we arrange for our kids to get married? Your boys are sooo cute, abnd I'd just love to know Cleo and Gigi were getting a mother-in-law who can sew, cook, and loves to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boys look absolutely adorable in their jackets! I love those!! And I love your dress, too. Hooray for crazy determined bursts of creative furvor!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy--of course!! I'm sure my boys will be lucky to marry such accomplished and well traveled little girls!!

    ReplyDelete