12.04.2005

Christmas in Virginia

Our symphoneum and nativity tree.
Christmas dishes in the cupboards! We got the red and green ones for 25 cents each at Walmart's after Christmas clearance last year.
The tree looks good this year!
Our advent calendar. There are compartments all around the bottom with ornaments inside.
The stockings are hung.

We're ready for Christmas! We decorated last weekend and have moved on to Christmas cards and packages this weekend. I hope to hit the post office on Monday morning. Grant loves to put the ornaments on our advent tree and we get after Blake about once a day for touching the tree. He's a good listener though. Travis made a super CD of all our Christmas music and I play it every chance I get. We're also considering a Twelve Days of Christmas Film festival. Starting Dec 12, we'll watch a Christmas movie each night. Any suggestions? So far we've got Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas with the Kranks, and Scrooged.

Twenty more days!!

10 comments:

  1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    The Santa Clause
    Miracle on 34th Street

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear about the earthquake in Hollister today. It happened at 5:30 am California time. It was a 1.5. How's that for shaking news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Polar Express, Surviving Christmas, and the old school Rudolph

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Christmas Carol...hilarious, Babes in Toyland, Chevy Chases Christmas Vacation, Mr. Kreugers Christmas, Ernest Saves Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome suggestions guys. Most of those will make the list I think! I also remembered the Nutcracker.

    I didn't hear about the earthquake Ted. I don't think too many people would have felt a 1.5. Usually it needs to be 3 or higher to fee it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. symphoneum? Where did you get that? I don't remember hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've seen it! We showed it to you while you were here. It's our music box that plays the disks. We got it last year after Christmas. The little people waltz around the room when it's on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I remember now. It was way cool! You can give that to us for Christmas. I'll pay the shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:01 AM

    Ooh! What about the Christmas Story (the one with the kid and his rifle) and the Charlie Brown Christmas, and Elf!

    ReplyDelete