11.25.2005

After Thanksgiving Day Sales





Well Angie, here it is! My Thanksgiving morning deal. First off, I slept through my alarm clock and forgot to turn on the ringer on the phone in my bedroom. So of course I slept through my Target wake up call haha. I hopped out of bed in a panic at 6:10 am. I figured I already missed anything I wanted at Wal-Mart (which opened at 5am) and so I headed to Joann's which opened at 6.

I threw on some clothes and popped some gum in my mouth so I didn't have to brush my teeth. hehe I even forgot my coat and it was 19 degrees out!! I got to Joann's at about 6:20 and started picking up bolts of 96 cent/yd flannel. I had 7 or 8 piled in my arms (all the carts were taken) and I headed to the cutting table where there was NO line. I was so excited. Halfway through cutting I realized I should pick up plain flannel to match all the cute prints I picked out. So while the lady cut, I kept going back and getting matching solid flannels. Then I remembered that I had a Joann's gift card (thank you Joann's Visa), so I could get a few more yards. I only had boy flannels, so I picked out a few girl ones and headed back to the cutting table (no line again!!). By the time I was done I had 44 yards of flannel and everything had a coordinating solid for the back. I was glad I could do that much figuring on 5 hours of sleep.

By now I had found a little basket and had it piled high with flannel. So I headed to the checkout. There was just a short line and then she rang me up. After my $10 gift card, I only paid $36 for ALL that flannel!! When I got home I added up the original price and figured that it would have cost me over $200. I saved more than 75%!! So if anyone is having a baby soon, guess what you'll be getting from me???

Staples and Circuit City were madhouses, so I didn't get Trav's DVD-R's. Then I headed to Target for breakfast: Diet Coke and poptarts. I ran into Emily Van Camp and her sister, so we wandered through the mall. No other great deals, but it was an awesome time. Yay sales!! It was definitely worth getting up for.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is.......I'm greeeeeeeeeen with envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your're worse than Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping is so much fun!!!!!! I love a great deal.

    ReplyDelete