9.28.2005

I'm an official toddler





Guess what? I can walk! About two weeks ago I decided my legs were pretty good at walking, and I've been toddling around ever since. I still crawl about half the time (because I've perfected my super-light speed fast crawl), but am walking more and more. Now that I'm up on my feet all the time, everyone can see how I'm growing tall like my big brother.

I am really good at repeating words and sounds too. Besides counting, I love to say bye-bye and see ya! I'm also very polite by saying thank you all the time and I'm even starting to say my own prayers (with mom's help).

I went to the dr today. Remember the ear infection from my last post? Well, it's still there. My poor left ear has been troubling me for weeks. I've tried a few new medicines (yum), but nothing is working, so I'm going to a new dr on Friday. He's a special guy that likes looking in ears. I hope he can help me. Today the doctor told mom what I've been trying to get across for a few weeks now: my ears hurt when I chew and that's why I won't eat anything. Boy nobody listens to me. I scream and scream and whine and whine, but nobody gets it until a dr tells them. Now mom knows why I haven't been eating or sleeping for a few weeks. Now she says I can have all the soft foods I want until my ears feel better. I told her I would try not to be so grumpy and might even try to take a nap during the day.

Grant and I are best friends. I am so excited to see him every morning and be his buddy. We play together all day. Our favorite just brothers thing is banging. If we have matching things (sippy cups, suckers, cars, ice cream cones), Grant comes up to me and bangs his thing against mine. Today we banged suckers and cars. We think it's very funny.

I miss you all and I'll let you know when I feel better!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute picture of Blake. What a guy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the countdown begin! Only 30 more days until we are there to play with them. I'm not sure we will be able to pull off a proper "Hobbs Family Halloween," but we are sure going to try! Melanie will have to guide us! haha

    ReplyDelete