6.05.2005

My version of NYC


I was going to write all about New York, but Blake beat me to it this time. I had a lot of fun as well. One of my favorite places to go was the FAO Schwartz toy store. There were so many toys I didn't know what to do with myself. I thought that I'd be extra whiny and throw tons of fits at the store to see if Mom and Dad will buy me any toys. It worked! But Mom says I can't play with these toys until my birthday. Rats!!

We also went to Grant's tomb. I thought this was kind of a weird place to go, until I realized it wasn't actually my tomb, but Ulysses S. Grant's. He was a Civil War general and a President. My favorite part of Grant's tomb was the shapes. I saw some triangles and some circles on the walls. I like to count them. Here are some pictures (above and below) of me counting the shapes.


Bet you don't know who was buried in Grant's tomb? Actually nobody. Ulysses S. Grant is only entombed not buried. You can see his casket on the Ground Level floor.

My other favorite part of the trip was playing in the sandbox at Central Park. I threw a lot of sand at the other kids. This made Dad kind of embarrassed. Ha ha! Dad also took me to another park near City Hall. We fed some pigeons (which was really fun, especially when I tried to chase them), and Dad also let me splash in the fountain. Good thing Mom came by with another shirt for me to wear. I was soaked.Posted by Hello

3 comments:

  1. What a handsome young man. I might even venture to say the handsomest little boy named Grant who ever lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the top picture. It is cute. He looks like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say that I like the change you made to the format of your blog. It's nice.

    ReplyDelete