5.16.2005

Book Review --- All Mom's Go to Heaven

Mom and Dad sent this book for Mother's Day. It was really good. It talks about this father who had to stay home with his three young children for a summer while his wife worked. Grant and Blake both can get into a lot of trouble sometimes, so I definitely empathized with him for a little bit, even if he was kind of telling his story tongue-in-cheek. He also talked about experiencing other facets of his children's lives, like teenagers and watching them raise kids.

The book reminded me that 1) I had an excellent mother who had to put up with me alot. I'm grateful for everything that she has done in raising me and that she didn't give up because all of us kids were nothing but trouble growing up (and we still are to some degree). 2) I did a excellent job in marrying Melanie. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Melanie also got us a great deal on a new dishwasher. More on that later....

1 comment:

  1. I'm half way done with this book. I've been laughing my head off. But of course, I really don't know what it's like to be a mother yet. I do, however, know what it's like to be that annoying, pain in the butt kid. I like this book a lot. It's quite funny. Cory here's me laughing at it, so he's going to read it when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete