Easter is the last "first" holiday in our new house. We've had a "first" Christmas, Halloween, and 4th of July and we couldn't wait for our first Easter in Fredericksburg.
First we dyed eggs. Cosette was disappointed that egg dye wasn't for drinking.
Grant was very proud of his "mystic 8 ball" egg that tells the future. We had a blast decorating.
Not to be outdone, Blake made a "mystic 7 ball" egg that always says "ask again later".
Hayden loved gluing fluffy ears on his egg.
The boys were beyond excited for the Easter Bunny to come. Blake even left him a note/bribe in the form of $1 hidden under a beanie baby with a charge to replace the dollar with something cool. The Easter Bunny did not disappoint! The haul: bunches of candy and a small toy for everyone. Plus the beanie babies who are holding a special chocolate egg from EB.
Can I just say how fun it is to have kids this age? Travis and I laughed and laughed as the screeched and ran all over the house to find eggs. It was adorable. How many more years of this do we get? Here they are excited to go downstairs.
Cosette was a little bleary-eyed. She took a break while the boys hunted for eggs.
Hayden loves his basket!
Blake and Grant read EB's note to them about Jesus and the real reason for Easter.
The hunt is on! Maybe next year the kids should get matching jammies for Easter eve so they don't look like scrubs?
Cosey's ready for some eggs! Can I say how excited I am that she has learned to pose for the camera?
After a bunch of candy and a quick breakfast, we got ready for church and snapped a few pics. The boys sported Easter outfits from past years and Cosette wore her back-up Easter dress. What's a back-up Easter dress? Oh yeah, it's when you pick a REALLY complicated heirloom dress, spend 20ish hours on it and figure out on the Thursday before Easter that you'll never finish it in time, so you find her old crocheted dress she wore as a baby and add another row so she has something special to wear. On Friday you might be a little mopey about waiting 8 yrs for a girl and then ruining Easter by not finishing her dress, but then you get over it. So yeah. Here's when Cosey wore the dress for the first time at three months old (it was pretty big):
And thanks to the stretchiness of yarn and another row of crochet, here's the gang today:
I'm glad our awesome neighbors have a beautiful lilac to pose in front of!
What handsome boys.
Dapper Grant.
Blake-the sun's too bright-Hobbs.
What a cute seersucker suit and the trademark blue saddle shoes!
I'm done with this picture stuff!
We completed the day with a delicious dinner with Regan, Fiona, and the missionaries: ham, ham sauce, potatoes, spinach & strawberry salad with homemade dressing, homemade rolls, Austin-approved asparagus, Easter jello, and homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. Yowza! It was a great time, I think I'm losing my voice from laughing so much.
We're excited Regan is spending the night tonight. She made a glow-in-the-dark easter egg hunt for the kids tonight and she'll help us kick off "riding your dang bike" week. Happy Easter!

















Adorable! I love the back-up dress and the boys look so good!! Looks like a fun Easter - and I was thinking the same thing about my kids' jammies today during the Easter egg hunt too! Haha!
ReplyDelete1) Cosey's face in the first picture is PRICELESS. 2) Love their eggs. 3) Blake is hilarious and a genius. 4) Awesome baskets. 5) Love the idea of the letter from EB 6) Cosey's hair is great in the egg hunt pictures. Love her sleepy face. 7) The dress is genius. You are awesome. She looks way cute. 8) The boys are way too cute!! Especially Hayden's suit. 9) That dinner sounds AWESOME!! Wish we could have partook. 10) Sorry I had so much to say...
ReplyDeleteOh, and 11) glad the asparagus turned out Austin-approved.
ReplyDeleteDONE. Promise.
12)We should have invited you to partake in Easter dinner. I figured Harrison would be getting spoiled by grandma & grandpa for his first Easter. 13) Thanks for oohing and aahing over my kids. :)
ReplyDeleteCute pics! I'm drooling over Cosette's dress. I don't think I've seen one like it!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture where she's staring into oblivion...that's how I feel every morning.
Here's a link to Cosey's dress pattern: http://crochetgarden.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=286
DeleteIt was a great pattern, easy to read and make. They have a few other cute dress patterns on the site too.
I love this post. By the way my favorite part was looking at how handsome and stylish your boys are.
ReplyDeletePoor Cosey...Gpa & Gma are so sad...After two years she still isn't a part of this awesome family. Cosey! You had better stop throwing fits and crying so your mom will add you to the awesome family list!!! I am going to make sure I go home and post on my blog or FB page and make sure my sidebars are correct! I am sure this is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black!!! lol
ReplyDelete