For the first year ever, the kids costumes didn't match. Ugh. I was bummed, but they really wanted to be different things. I gave in this year, but next year, we're back to matching!
Grant wanted to be a detective because he loves riddles and solving problems. So, here is our Sherlock Holmes! I found an easy tutorial for the hat and bought the magnifying glass. Easiest costume.
Blake chose to be a pirate. We scavenged some stained/old clothes from around the house, added a few dollar store finds and painted on a beard. Here's his piratey pose:
Hayden has wanted to be Mickey Mouse for year and he is pretty dang cute. I made some shorts and improvised a Mickey hat, although I need to find a better way for the ears to stand up.
Hayden really wanted Cosette to be Minnie. And she does make an adorable Minnie! All I had to do for her was make Minnie ear hair clips. She's a doll.
And here they are together!
So here's our crew all dressed and ready for the trunk or treat party!
We had such a nice time at the party. We were triple losers: didn't win the pumpkin contest, the chili contest, or pie-eating contest. But it was awesome. Here's Blake giving it his best in the pie eating contest.
We've got a neighborhood party tomorrow, orange dinner on Sunday, and a block party and trick-or-treating on Monday. We love Halloween!! We hope you do to!










The Mickey and Minnie are too adorable. Doing the theme was hard for us this year...I'm wondering how much longer we can keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThey look great! Cosette's smile...holy moly, so cute!!
ReplyDeleteGreat comstumes!! And Mickey and Minnie... love it :)
ReplyDelete