4.09.2011

Cosette is 1 Year Old!

I LOVE first birthdays. Love them! I love the outfits, cakes, food, family, and fun! And I really like pink first birthdays! I went with a vintage pink theme that perfectly matches our little Cosette. I made her birthday dress using a vintage pattern and then made a few changes to the skirt to modernize it a bit. It just screams party dress! I also made her super-cute bow!


And how about this diaper cover?! LOL! It's adorable! I'll have to take better pictures later, these ones are funky, but you get the idea.


The party was low-key and a blast! I spent the morning scavenging around the house for decorations to girly-fy the kitchen. Then we got to cooking! We made scones for navajo tacos for the main course, enjoyed 12 layer pink jello, and finished it up with dessert scones.

Cosette loved the jello and was only a little shy of our guests. After dinner, we moved to presents. G & G Welsh got Cosette a purse with various toys and a Fisher Price wedding take a long toy. G & G Hobbs got her a ride-on car and doll. Cosette also loved her first Madame Alexander doll we got her and the stuffed animal and outfit from the Burdicks.

Next was cake! Cosey didn't mind the singing and dug right into her slice of strawberry cake. When she got ice cream, she really liked that and picked up the whole scoop to eat it. About a minute later, she realized it was really cold and started wailing! Poor thing. That was the end of cake! It was such a great day for our little girl. I can't believe she's been in our family for a whole year. The boys love her so much. They couldn't wait for this party! Our little Cosette is just perfect!

3 comments:

  1. How did you make that cake??! It is so awesome!!! Happy birthday, Cosette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything turned out beautifully, especially the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake. What an awesome idea to pipe frosting like that to create roses -- that's what you did, right? Gorgeous. And, of course all the other touches, including the dress, were adorable too!

    ReplyDelete