Our little Cosette needed to be decked out from head to toe. So, I got to work. Mom finished all the boring handwork on the dress while I made the bonnet and booties. I added them to the pacifier clip and bracelet I made earlier and the blanket I crocheted before she was born to finish her ensemble. Here they are!

I found a simple bonnet pattern and we dressed it up with the flat laces and beading. I love the triple lace we put around the brim.
My other favorite part is the wide ties and flower button attaching it.
Holy cow...I LOVE the booties. I see myself making quite a few more pairs of these. I used a pintuck scrap for the toes and added a bit of leftover lace. And of course, more ribbon! I especially love the ballet-ties around the ankle.
The afghan. I chose a lacy pattern and added....you guessed it...pink ribbon.
And to wrap it up, a couple pics of the lucky little girl in her outfit (not the greatest pics, but oh well!):Here she is wearing my blessing dress. It was also made by my mom and is even made of organza with pink accents!










Love that grumpy face!!! And, love the dress and everything!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL! You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteOh...my...gosh! Now I am not only overwhelmed by the prospect of two babies, but now I'm jealous that they are boys! Although, I am IN LOVE with those corded pintucks. Laura Lee, you are amazing! I think I have to have corded pintucks on the bodices of my little boys outfits...now to find a way to fit behind my sewing machine with this massive whale belly. Hmmm...does sewing count as bed rest?
ReplyDeleteSewing counts as bedrest! hahaha NOT! The corded pintucks are worth all the time! You can save a little time by using the foot that has them spaced a little more. Since we had such fine/thin fabric, I used the smallest foot. I want to use them on baby Noah's gown too! I thought about the bodice--but I'm torn between them or the embroidery of Noah's ark! Decisions, decisions!!! hahaha Thanks for the compliment! You can do it Krista--you are very talented too!
ReplyDeleteThat is quite possibly the most amazing blessing dress I have ever seen. ...Although it's hard to say without a bejeweled onesie to compare it two. Congratulations on getting your girl!
ReplyDelete