11.15.2009

Richmond 1/2 Marathon

Well, we did it! I survived a 13 mile walk at 19 weeks pregnant! Of course I felt like a giant loser most of the time just walking, but the race was a blast! The course was really flat and went through some beautiful neighborhoods. They also had bands/dj's every couple miles and a great downhill finish. We loved hanging out with the Van Camps and were excited to see a couple other familiar faces at the race. We finished within our target time at 3:22. Ugh, so embarrassing. Oh well. Next time we'll be sure that I'm not pregnant, and THEN sign up for a race! LOL! Since we were obviously taking this race VERY seriously, we made sure to take lots of breaks to take pictures of each mile marker, and even stop for a slurpee at 7-11. Oh yeah, we are tough competitors. Enjoy the slide show!!



4 comments:

  1. Way to go! LOVE the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Especially the picture at EVERY mile marker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics. You are SO AWESOME. I can't believe you even stuck with it pregnant, and then made it back for the meeting! Wow! You make me feel so lazy...

    ReplyDelete