6.14.2006

In case you were wondering what Grant was up to...

Mmmm, wheat, flour, pear and strawberrie combo


My creation!


That's exactly what I was wondering as I chatted with Angie the other day. I had made the Martha Stewart cake for June and even started some homemade bread. While I was on the phone, Grant started some baking of his own with this primitive fruit cobbler. It's a delectable mix of unground wheat, freshly ground wheat flour, and various fresh fruits found in abundance nearby. The mess extended from the counter, to the floor, chair, and of course Grant. Shortly thereafter, he continued the baking debacle with an experimental combination of grape flavored crystal light and wheat flour.

Then he closely followed my every step as I completed my chocolate cake. Oh yeah, and he had poured flour onto my completed cakes as they cooled and snuck a few peices off the top too. As I made the frosting he stole bites of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and even cocoa (followed my a grimace and gutteral sound), leaving a cocoa, frosting, powdered sugar trail from the kitchen to the table. What a mess!! He loved it though.

3 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    You seem to have so much patience. For sure you're going to heaven. Grant's a character and such a good cook. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha!!! I love it! Grant is our budding pastry chef. Who knows, maybe he was on to something. Melanie....call me!!!! I don't have your number and I know it's a dumb excuse, but I've been frantically hauling my piece of junk....I mean car....to different places to get it in driving condition. Ugh! Between that and my parents getting new calves (that need taken care of...and guess who is home to do it?) and swapping babysitting (well, it will be a swap once I get out somewhere alone!) with my cousin and sister...I haven't had much time. Call me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, I just noticed my horrible mis-spell of the word strawberry in the first caption haha. I guess it was late when I typed it. I'll call you ASAP Krista! I've got your parents number

    ReplyDelete