2.24.2006

Krista made me do it



I had to try this cake after watching Krista and my mom make it. MMMMmmm yummy devil's food cake. I will never make the frosting again though, you have to stir it every 15 min for 2 or 3 hours!! It was so delicious though. I made the flowers with some extra frosting from my class. The kiddoes like the cake too. :)

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh Melanie...That cake looks so good. Guess what? I'm probably going to take the 1st class of the cake classes in March. I'm sooo excited. I like the flowers on this cake. Very pretty. Also, I'm making my Martha cake tonight. YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Yum!!! I want chocolate!!! I'm making my January Lemon cake this weekend! I think I have all the ingredients. What are Meyer Lemons anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove those flowers! I am green with jealousy about your class now. Well, before I was sort of pale greenish yellow...and now I'm definately more of a jade green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meyer Lemons are a milder type of lemon. They have a thinner skin and are more of a light orange color. If you are using regular lemons in their place, I would water the juice down a little bit or they might be too sour.

    I was lucky to use the Meyer ones because my dad has a Meyer lemon tree in the backyard and he mailed them out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used regular lemons and it was qyite sour...it was still delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:59 AM

    Hey thanks Melanie and Cory, very interesting. I can't say I've ever seen a meyer lemon in the grocery store. THey sound yummy! Did you grow up eating them Melanie? I'll have to look more closely now that I know. I made the lemon syrup and curd tonight. The rest TOMORROW!!! We'll be celebrating Jonathan's birthday and ordination to be a deacon!!!

    ReplyDelete